Sunday, February 27, 2011

Projects In the Mornings

Last week I was able to move the heater vent down from the top of the wall to the bottom. I thought it was a great success. I also started ripping out the floor in preparation for putting in the tile. I felt real successful last weekend.







Saturday was the little lady bug's birthday party. Even though it wasn't officially her birthday. I have to admit that I was a little sad to think I wasn't going to get ANY projects done this week. That thought quickly passed as I laid in bed yesterday morning at about 6:30am, the thought came into my head that wouldn't it be a great idea to get a project done before everyone gets up this morning! Yeah, it sounded great. I only needed to replace the toilet drain valve. I would just turn the water off in the house, replace the valve and turn the water back on. It would be a great surprise when everyone wakes up! I think you know where I'm going with this. Kids and moms with kids don't sleep in until 10:30am. It took a could of trips to Lowe's and Home Depot to get everything I needed (information and equipment). Emily was a great sport about it, but I could tell she didn't approve of my zero preparation (filling water bottles) just in case the project didn't go as smoothly as it should have. =)

BUT, this valve is done. The project WAS a success. It just took a little longer than excepted.







The birthday party was a great hit. Kylie went down to sleep at 2:30pm, the party started around 3. We woke her up for a birthday cupcake and then promptly put her back to sleep. All the kids loved playing with each other and we really enjoyed seeing all our friends from our old ward. It was a great time! This week was a good week.





No comments: