Well, Scott turned 1 on Thursday and originally I was going to do nothing as far as a celebration. Maybe make some cupcakes, sing a little happy birthday and call it good. Well, my Mother-in-law was asking me what my big plans were for his birthday and I thought, "I can't do nothing now" so I decided to throw a big pirate party. Here's how it went down. Friday 4:00pm I am drawing an eye liner mustachio on my face while frantically trying to finish the preparations for the party that started at 4. At 4:10 my friend Cassy shows up with Charlie, Scott's best frenemy from church (he loves to play with her, but gets jealous that she can walk and usually has better looking toys). I still have a sink full of dishes and am the only one dressed up. A few more friends, still no pirates. It turned out that out of the 30 or so people who came (and this was quite a feat considering our apartment is the size of a yellow school bus--with not so many seats)not a single one was dressed as a pirate! So I felt a little silly, but I sported my mustache until the party was just about over. We had a great time. There was a treasure hunt and grilled hot dogs (I have been corrected that you cannot BBQ hot dogs unless you cover them in sauce). We had a treasure chest cake with chocolate pudding filling that was delicious, and best of all, we still have the whole bucket of ice cream that we forgot to get out to share with our guests. It was an awesome time. Pictures will follow (I forgot to take more than a few and so I need to get some from my friend Amber)
The Life and Times of Daddy, Mommy, the Little Diddle, Crazy Lady and the Little Bean
Saturday, August 15, 2009
The Pirate party. Aaarrrhg
Well, Scott turned 1 on Thursday and originally I was going to do nothing as far as a celebration. Maybe make some cupcakes, sing a little happy birthday and call it good. Well, my Mother-in-law was asking me what my big plans were for his birthday and I thought, "I can't do nothing now" so I decided to throw a big pirate party. Here's how it went down. Friday 4:00pm I am drawing an eye liner mustachio on my face while frantically trying to finish the preparations for the party that started at 4. At 4:10 my friend Cassy shows up with Charlie, Scott's best frenemy from church (he loves to play with her, but gets jealous that she can walk and usually has better looking toys). I still have a sink full of dishes and am the only one dressed up. A few more friends, still no pirates. It turned out that out of the 30 or so people who came (and this was quite a feat considering our apartment is the size of a yellow school bus--with not so many seats)not a single one was dressed as a pirate! So I felt a little silly, but I sported my mustache until the party was just about over. We had a great time. There was a treasure hunt and grilled hot dogs (I have been corrected that you cannot BBQ hot dogs unless you cover them in sauce). We had a treasure chest cake with chocolate pudding filling that was delicious, and best of all, we still have the whole bucket of ice cream that we forgot to get out to share with our guests. It was an awesome time. Pictures will follow (I forgot to take more than a few and so I need to get some from my friend Amber)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, I actually read the words! Funny depiction Em, sounds like it was a good time.
Em, I'll send pics right away! I think I got some good ones. Scott was darling. Sorry we didn't dress up!
It sound like it was a good time,
Thanks for posting..
___________________
Vince
Email Marketing Solutions
Post a Comment