
We just got back from a lovely trip to Washington to visit my parents. It was designed to be a work party to help Mom clean up the mountains of accumulated stuff that we had stored in the seminary attic (long story--don't ask). Anyway, most of the stuff is just papers and treasures from 30 years and 5 kids. We didn't get a whole lot done, but we at least got a start. Dad's favorite part of the trip was going in and spending time with CS first thing in the morning before I was awake. That's ok with me because I was TIRED!
I secretly planned with Amy to come for a surprise birthday visit (Dad's birthday was the 2nd) and it was so hard not to spill the beans. And, when I told Nana about the visit, she too wanted to come and stay. Needless to say we had a full house. I don't think Scott had to sit on the floor for more than 30 minutes the whole trip. No one is more loved than that little boy! So back to the story, Nana was set to come in at 12:30 and Amy flew in at 11. Amy was just going to wait unil we came and got Nana, but Nana called and said that her flight was cancelled and the soonest she could get in would be around 3:00pm. I wasn't going to let Amy wait that long, so I "thought up a lie, and I thought it up quick" (what's that from?) I told Dad that I needed to borrow the car so that I could meet an old roommate who was flying in and then driving to Wenatchee. He reluctantly agreed and I thought perhaps he saw through the lie. But he didn't and I was on my way. The bad part was that I needed to take him to work 1st and we needed to leave right away. I was still in my pjs and hadn't combed my hair or brushed my teeth (it was only 8:30am). But, that couldn't be helped, so I went as I was and drove to the airport with Scott. I didn't take the hov lane because I didnt want anyone to report me for only having one person. I don't know if Scott counts for carpooling...but, after only getting lost once, I made it to the airport. Amy was waiting for me and she sat in the back with Scott. It was so funny to see Dad when Amy showed up at the Scout office. I took a picture and it is a classic.
We had fun adventures as we got to see Annie performed in the Mount Baker Theator (Mom and Scott snuck in at intermission so I could feed him and then they stayed for the 2nd half.) He did pretty well, although at one point he did start blowing raspberries at the people in front of him. Oh well.
We got to see Aunt Fay and the McCoys. And the Dazas came over for Juan's birthday. They are so awesome. Scott got to collect all of the toys and gifts he missed at Christmas, and Mom (aka me) came home with a bunch of new and new-to-me clothes. I'm a big fan of not walking around naked! Thank you to Mom and Nana.
The worst part was that I didn't get to see Ryan for two weeks. But thank heavens for cell phones and skype! The best part was seeing Dad play with the little man. I love my family and am so thankful for them.
3 comments:
That is the sweetest post. You can tell how much you loved the time with your fam, and how much they loved having at least two of you there.
I bet your vacation was so much fun! I actually was in WA just after in left..and it was freezing! Cant wait to see you in April!
Oh my gosh I haven't seen your parents forever.How are they doing?From the video looks like they are doing okay.Amy looks good too and so do you.It has been awhile since i saw your whole family atleast 10 years.Well I hope you had fun going home and seeing your parents and from the looks your dad enjoyed his grandson.
Post a Comment