Monday, December 15, 2008

Gratitude




Saturday I had a breakdown. I was feeling so overwhelmed by being a fairly new mom and a wife, having 2 callings (well three if you count visiting teaching), and having to speak on Sunday. But, all that has passed, well most of it. My talk went fairly well. I was the last speaker and I had about 23 minutes to speak, and I used all of it. The Bishop was getting ready to fill the time if I couldn't do it, but I did and now I probably won't have to do it again for a few years. Except that I have to teach next Sunday which is approximately the same thing as giving a talk except that it is just for the Relief Society. Oh well. That is when you just pray for the capacity to do more...
So we keep making Scott dance to Christmas songs while we record short clips with our camera. We have yet to record a success, but we have a lot of fun doing it. This will be his first Christmas and we didn't really buy him anything. I wrapped up some socks that I made for him, but I think his stocking is going to be full of mashed peas and pureed prunes (which he loves by the way). Ah, the anticipation of Christmas. We made a plaster ornament with his hand print. It turned out fairly decent, but then we wrote his name on it with a sharpie and a thin layer of purple bled out of the black ink into the plaster. Who knew it would do that? Not me! Oh well, we'll just say that it is that way for effect.
So we are heading down to North Carolina for Christmas with Ryan's parents on the 22nd. It will be my second Christmas without some kind of snow (the first one happened in Chile because December is a summer month there). We thought about going skiing, but in the end it wasn't worth driving four and a half hours to get there. Now we're going to go shooting instead...Ryan is pretty excited. And, we'll take our Wii (which was an early Christmas present for our family) so we can hula hoop and kick soccer balls with the best of them.

2 comments:

Hawks said...

Cute pictures of you and scott!

ESN said...

I can't believe I missed that. Bummer. You always do great though.