Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After all that work we're not even going to buy a house!


So after wanting and looking, and looking and not wanting, we've decided to rent for a couple more years and pay off Ryan's school loans and our car payment. And, Ryan is eligible to go overseas in two years, so we don't want to have to worry about renting or selling a house. So, we rent. That's ok. We are even staying put in our own little two bed two bath apartment because we have a smokin' deal right now. But, before the week is out I am buying some paint! They told us that we could paint, but that we had to paint it back before we leave--so I left the horrible flat paint on the walls. I dealt with the scuffs and scrapes that appeared out of nowhere, but no longer. If I am going to live here for two more years, I am going to paint those walls so that they look like greased lightning! I don't want to enter the treasured "Mom I drew you a picture on the wall" stage with out at least arming myself with some semi-gloss or eggshell. So, when I pick the colors, I'll post a sample.

3 comments:

ESN said...

YEA! Good for you. My one regret when we rented is that I didn't paint. I have loved painting my house and even have a few rooms that I did in high gloss. The funny thing is that I LOVE them. Plus the added bonus that they are so easy to clean. Good for you. Have fun!

Amy said...

I love this picture of the little man. He looks SO cute!

Unknown said...

The little man is so cute in photo..

___________________
Vince
Get easy cash at your door step