The Life and Times of Daddy, Mommy, the Little Diddle, Crazy Lady and the Little Bean
Monday, June 30, 2008
Continuation of Life
When I was in college, I though to myself how great it would be when I graduate and can finally make some good money, pay off my loans, save some money, and have a better life. No more asking the roommates about the mystery meat in the back of the freezer, only to be overwhelmed with joy to find out that know one knows where it came from because it has been there so long. Dinner has been located! Life as you know it will exist for at least one more day! Now, as I have graduated, found a job, and moved out to our new area, the college days that I expected to be long gone are still lingering around (with still no end in sight). We are poor. All the money I make still goes to pay for bills. Things are going to get better, but for right now it is kind of demoralizing. The greatest thing is that our baby will be born soon, and we love each other more than ever! I love getting messages from Emily on my work phone. She's so cute! I love to listen to her voice. I just want to go home, scoop her up in my arms, and give her a kiss. Although, I sometimes wonder if any of the security personnel have listened to the messages that she has left. They are allowed to, so that is not a problem for me, but I think they would just laugh. =). I love to come home to Emily every day in the early afternoon. I love being able to take off every federal holiday. I love to have every weekend off to be with my wife. It's good stuff. I don't think I would change my life for anything right now (except maybe a couple of millions of dollars, as long as I could still be married to Emily, have my same job, and still have my first baby boy on the way). So, even though we are still dirt poor, it's a good life. Better than my single life, and I know it will continue to get better. I can't wait to go live in Europe with my family, and see everything it has to offer. Of course, that will be few years down the road still. Even though I get stressed out about a lot of things, I love my life right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GLAD YOU RECOGNIZE THE JOYS IN THE MIDST OF THE FINANCIAL CHALLENGES!
Post a Comment