A lot has happened since the last time I wrote on my blog. Only three more weeks of school left. Graduation is on April 24, 2008. During the month of March I had a few job interviews out in Maryland and Virginia.
I went to interview with the Department of Defense and PriceWaterhouseCoopers for my second interview. It went really well, and I got to be polygraphed. It was very nerve racking experience, even though I didn't have anything to hide. Still though, it was really cool in a way. After that, I went to interview with my next potential job, PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP. It was a wonderful experience. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. They took us out to eat at a very nice Italian restaurant in the mall they have in McLean Virginia.
I was out in Maryland for 5 days, and Emily came out a day after I got out there. Emily and I got to stay in the Courtyard Marriott a few days while I interviewed with the DoD, we then stayed one night in the Sheraton Hotel for one night, and then while I interviewed with PWC, we got to stay at the Ritz Carlton hotel in McLean Virginia. A extremely nice hotel, but I don't think I would stay there on my own, and pay that much money for a room. Lots of fun to visit with PWC and to interview with everyone there.
My parents drove up from North Carolina, which is about five or six hours away, and I already said Emily flew out a day after I got there, so after interviewing with the DOD, I got to be with my family, and we got to go look for places to live. Without Emily there, I don't think it would have been a very good idea for me to look for our future apartment by myself. We found a really nice apartment complex called Island Club apartments, near Columbia Maryland, which is a beautiful planned community. The home is a two bedroom, two bath apartment. It is a very nice area, and our apartments are set on a golf course. There are plenty of walking paths, and a great place to do things outdoors. Columbia is about 30 minutes away from the Washington DC area, so it's great to be around so much history.
After a few days of waiting I found out I was offered both jobs! It was very exciting! Both offers were extremely generous, but in the end, Emily and I decided the lifestyle we wanted was the Department of Defense job. We will be moving out to Maryland in early May, and we will be moving into our new home on May 5, 2008. I will start my new job on May 12, 2008. Emily and I are really excited to move out there and be on our own and start to finally make some cash money. HAH! I wish that was the case. We will actually be very poor for a few more years, while we pay off all my student loans. Oh well, it will still be a wonderful experience. Working with the government, we will be able to move all over the world. Emily and I are looking forward to living overseas for awhile once we have all our kids in the United States, so that wont be for a few years still.
2 comments:
LOVE THE BABY COUNTDOWN!! ALSO, I HAD FUN TRAIPSING AROUND MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA WITH YOU GUYS AND MS. GARMAN. MOM
very nice!
Post a Comment